From my Patreon:
It’s done! It’s polished; it’s edited! It needs all the finagling and publishing stuff. You know, a cover. Book layouts. Conversions to .mobi, .epub, .pdf. I’ll record an audio version. All of that prepping and production and finagling will probably take a couple of weeks, but I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW.
Y’all, I really like this one. It’s all political machinations and obliterating self-truth-revelations and unlikely friendships. I hope you like it, too.
It’s titled “The Adviser and the Diplomat”, and it’ll be delivered unto by the end of the month, cross my heart.
This story will be accessible to subscribers at all tier levels of my Patreon, starting at $1. For more information about my Patreon tiers and rewards, go here.
It’s crowdfunding, basically–but it little bite-sized pieces. Instead of pledging a lump sum for a large project, you pledge small amounts and get small projects in return, like short stories at regular intervals from me. You become my patron.
Patreon is a good model for me because rather than funding one large project–like funding a movie or something–a steady if small stream of income enables me to write MORE fiction FASTER. And that’s good for both you and me!
What Do I Get For Pledging?
It depends on how much you pledge! The rewards are tiered:
- $1: Get Digital Aerdh Fiction – short stories and interactive fiction set in the world of Aerdh delivered straight to your inbox!
- $3: Moar Interactive Fiction – get $1 rewards and interactive fiction set outside the Aerdh universe!
- $5: Patreon Novella – get $1 and $3 rewards and a completely original novella!
- $10: I Grant You One Wish – get $1, $3, $5 rewards and you can choose one of these three options (full details on the Patreon page):
- I’ll write you a short story.
- I’ll write a blog post about a topic of your choice.
- I’ll read and developmentally edit a piece of your work.