Wanderings on the Internet
- One of my short stories, “The Fisher’s Son,” is free to read over at Inkitt. It’s also entered in Inkitt’s Hither and Thither contest–if you like it, review it or vote for it!
- If you missed the #RealDiversityMatters convo on twitter, I summed up my engagement with it in this handy Storify! The voices of marginalized people in the workplace matter, yo.
- Last night I was honored and grateful to be included in the #WeNeedDiverseBlogs twitter chat that focused on reading and reviewing diverse literature. Nicole Brinkley hosted and did a lovely roundup Storify if you missed it and want to catch up! FYI: the next chat is scheduled for 8/16.
- Check a fresh new batch of Supernatural Haikus.
- I hit a major plot point in The Search last week that bears more thinking about, so it’s percolating in my subconscious for a week or so. I turned my attentions to a couple of calls for submissions I’ve been meaning to write for instead:
- I wrote a 4k word short story this week called “The Adviser and the Diplomat” about to trans* political dynamos causing a lot of political upheaval as a matter of personal survival.
- I planned out a sci fi story for another call that will feature redwood trees very prominently. I think it will be super cool. Stay tuned for that one! Once it’s in the bag I’ll go back to The Search.